I've seen this food blog survey floating around the internets a lot lately. Here's mine.
1. Favorite non-dairy milk?
vanilla soy milk for drinking (Zen Soy) plain rice milk for cooking (Pacific)
2. What are the top 3 dishes/recipes you are planning to cook?
Mmm. I'm not very good at planning. I did purchase ingredients for chickpea noodle soup, so that might happen soon.
3. Topping of choice for popcorn?
salt. melted earth balance.
4. Most disastrous recipe/meal failure?
There's been so many! Once I tried to re-create a tofu cheesecake recipe from memory, and I forgot the step where you bake it. Yes, I forgot to bake it. I couldn't figure out why it wasn't setting after hours in the fridge. I was making it to bring to my husband's (then boyfriend) parent's house.
5. Favorite pickled item?
The only pickled foods I like are pickles. Not those sweet kind, either.
6. How do you organize your recipes?
By smearing oily fingerprints over pages in cookbooks. :)
7. Compost, trash, or garbage disposal?
trash, disposal, recycling
8. If you were stranded on an island and could only bring 3 foods...what would they be (don't worry about how you'll cook them)?
tomato sandwiches, tofu scramble, coconut curry tofu
9. Fondest food memory from your childhood?
making my own grilled cheese sandwich in mom's iron skillet (gasp! not vegan!)
10. Favorite vegan ice cream?
Purely Decadent Cookie Dough & Sharon's Coconut Sorbet
11. Most loved kitchen appliance?
ah, the mighty stand mixer.
12. Spice/herb you would die without?
Garlic. Does garlic count? If not, then pepper.
13. Cookbook you have owned for the longest time?
Vegetarian Times complete cookbook. It's completely useless.
14. Favorite flavor of jam/jelly?
Only strawberry, and only preserves.
15. Favorite vegan recipe to serve to an omni friend?
chocolate cake! or any good vegan dessert, really.
16. Seitan, tofu, or tempeh?
I love 'em all, but tofu is used most in our house.
17. Favorite meal to cook (or time of day to cook)?
Breakfast at night.
18. What is sitting on top of your refrigerator?
Dust, and sometimes Miles the cat.
19. Name 3 items in your freezer without looking.
bag of frozen berries, expired tofurky sausage, fillo dough roll
20. What's on your grocery list?
list? what is this list you speak of?
21. Favorite grocery store?
Life Grocery, Harry's
22. Name a recipe you'd love to veganize, but haven't yet.
23. Food blog you read the most (besides Isa's because I know you check it everyday). Or maybe the top 3?
Yeah That Vegan Shit
Have Cake, Will Travel
Cake Maker to the Stars
... and so many more.
24. Favorite vegan candy/chocolate?
Sjaak's Dark Chocolate Caramel Bar. Mmm.
25. Most extravagant food item purchased lately?
It's all a bit extravagant, since money is scarce.