Tuesday, October 07, 2008
VeganMoFo: where I get off easy with a food survey
Some days just aren't conducive to food blogging. Take this sushi for example:
This was today's breakfast/lunch. A very bland pair of salad rolls with a packet of some curiously gelled sugar substance called Sweet Chili Sauce (yeah, right). Yuck. Thanks a lot, Kroger. Now I'm eating pretzels. So it goes.
Hey look! Here's a food related survey! This one originated from Food Snobbery is my Hobbery.
1. Name a song that involves food in some way.
Raspberry Swirl- Tori Amos (but she ain't talkin' about food)
2. What criteria do you use when choosing a new cookbook to buy?
I usually only spend my cookbook money on vegan cookbooks. And they have to be somewhat pretty.
3. What did you eat today?
Crappy sushi, protein pretzels, some chocolate bites. I am a pillar of health.
4. Name a vegan food that you know exists but you have never tried.
5. The Food Network just called and needs you to start your new show tomorrow. What will the title of the show be?
Oh, I would be the worst person for a show. But if I could hire a cool actress to stand in for me, then I would call it Raspberry Swirl.
6. Favorite hot sauce or other spicy condiment?
7. How old were you when you became vegetarian/vegan?
I was 17 when I went vegetarian and 27 when I went vegan.
8. Favorite vegan cheeze?
Teese and Cheezly
9. Cutest baby animal?
Lambs, bunnies, kittens. Oh, the cuteness!
10. Favorite type of jam/jelly/marmalade/preserves?
11. Do you take any vitamins/supplements?
Yes. I take a prenatal multi (Deva), a Cal-Mag (Deva), and the occasional DHA (Nutru)
12. What food/dish most embodies the Fall season?
Butternut Squash in any form or fashion.
13. What food would you have a hard time living without?
chocolate or avocados
14. Coffee, tea, or hot chocolate?
15. It's 10PM and you're starving. What do you eat?
Anything that's handy. Preferably a cookie.
16. If you have an animal companion, what is his/her favorite food?
Moe likes to lick Earth Balance from my finger.
17. Worst injury you've gotten in the kitchen?
I've had plenty of burns from hot cookie pans, but nothing major.
18. When you have a food-related question, who do you call?
I don't have anyone I can call. How sad.
19. Summer is ending- What food will you miss most?
Heirloom tomatoes. *cry*
20. What snacks do you keep in your purse/backpack/desk at work?
vegan jerky, pretzels, chocolate.
21. Favorite soup to make on a rainy day?
22. What's your favorite combination of fresh vegetable and/or fruit juices?
I like mot any fruit juice, but I'm not big on veggie juices. Except carrot juice.
23. Favorite brand of root beer?
Blech! Root beer is nasty.
24. What is your best food/beverage-related way to fight an illness?
chamomile tea for any and all tummy-related issues.