Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Vegan MoFo Day 24: chocolate chip cookie obsession.

veganmofo_2

Without a doubt, my favorite flavor of any kind of dessert is chocolate chip. You can add chocolate chips to pretty much anything and make it 1,000 times better. Think about it: pancakes, cinnamon rolls, cookies, cake, popcorn, granola bars, brownies, cobbler, pie... If there were such a thing as chocolate chip toothpaste, I would buy that shit in a heartbeat. Over the past few years I have made it my personal mission to find what I consider to be the perfect vegan chocolate chip cookie recipe. There have been some good ones, and even some great ones. But only recently have I decided what recipe I've tried that makes the perfect chocolate chip cookie. Vegan, nice and brown with only a slight firmness at the edges, soft in the middle with lots of gooey chocolate chips. Ladies and gentlemen, may I present to you the perfect chocolate chip cookies!

chocolate chip cookies

This looks like a cheesy mid-90's Glamor Shot, doesn't it? They need a boa wrapped around their cleavage, I think.

The recipe is from Kris Holechek's 100 Best Vegan Baking Recipes, and they are wonderful. My cookies above contain some walnut pieces, but they are really just accessories for an already lovely stack of sweets. Half brown sugar, half white sugar, too much Earth Balance and lots of delicious. I love you, cookies.

5 comments:

vegan.in.brighton said...

Oh my, those look delicious. I haven't tried that recipe yet but I'm going to have to now!

Jill said...

i want some.

nomnomnomblog.com said...

Aw, thanks lady! You're showin' that baby what's up!

dreaminitvegan said...

Num num! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving1

Elisabeth said...

I love the cookie stand!